Tax fraud, sometimes known as tax evasion, is a very serious offence. Anyone facing charges in this area should contact us as soon as possible for a free initial consultation to find out more about how our specialist team can help you.
Crimes in this area include:
- Intentionally not reporting assessable income to the ATO
- Knowingly claiming tax deductions that you were not entitled to
- Withholding information from the ATO or failing to keep accurate records
- Deliberately submitting false, backdated or altered documents
- Paying wages in cash without reporting them to relevant bodies.
- Knowingly making false statements to the ATO in any documentation
- Disguising personal expenses as business expenses
The maximum penalty here is 10 years imprisonment.